I am a Principal Scientist / Research Director at Google leading teams that conduct natural language processing
and machine learning
research with applications to question answering, machine translation and information extraction. We recently released SyntaxNet/Parsey McParseface
and his Cousins
. Here is a somewhat outdated high-level talk
about my work in general. I also teach Statistical Natural Language Processing
at New York University. I completed my PhD
at UC Berkeley, where I worked with
. Here is a vaguely current curriculum vitae
I grew up in Berlin, Germany, but I am originally from Sofia, Bulgaria.
I therefore consider myself a Berliner from Bulgaria.
Whenever Bulgaria plays Germany in soccer, I support Bulgaria.
Some awards I have received:
- Outstanding Paper Award at ACL 2016
- Meta-Net Seal of Recognition 2016
- John Atanasoff Award by the President of Bulgaria 2014
- Google Citizenship Award 2013
- Best Paper Award at NAACL 2012
- Best Paper Award at ACL 2011
- World Champion at RoboCup 2004
See also my personal webpage
for more information (including presentation slides).